Sunday, November 6, 2011

jailbreak


I cleaned my apt yesterday in preparation for Jonathan coming to visit and opened up all my windows for the first time to air the place out.  At first I encouraged that nice guy to sit on the window sill because I feel bad that he doesn't get any outside time anymore.

At first he stuck with his usual antics of peeping around at anything and everything while swishing his tail like one of those old cat clocks.  I thought he was going to behave himself and stay in the window like he used to at my apt in NYC so I went about my cleaning.

Then I looked out the window and saw this:


He realized I had discovered his attempt to run away and he was not happy about it.  I think he figured it was now or never because the next picture I took was this:


At which point I had to go out and get him before he ran away forever.  I think we both learned a lesson from this little adventure.  Mine was that he still needs to be constantly monitored, his was that escape is just an open window away.

But once I told him that Jonathan was coming he was like, "oh I don't want to go anywhere, I'll stay right here and wait for him because he's my best best friend"

And so he has remained curled up on my bed since.  I'm happy to make his dreams come true by going to get Jon in a few minutes.  They love each other.

1 comment:

  1. you live the life i dream of...such a good kitty he always is...the detective is doin quite well indeed!

    ReplyDelete