Thursday, November 17, 2011

purple gingham = A+


So the store officially opened today which was some weird wild stuff.  We were actually still steaming and folding when the first customers randomly wandered in and the head honchos said, "I guess this means we're open" so we kind of hit the ground running.

I had but mere moments to pick out my clothes for my first day so I went with the little voice in my head (it sounds like Jonathan) that said, 'go for the purple gingham' and apparently it was the right decision.  Everybody I encountered for the rest of the day seemed extremely pleased to see me in my purple gingham shirt.

I only got to work a few hours with the store being open, I'm kind of excited to go back tomorrow and try it for real for reals.  It's cool that our store has been much anticipated in the area because it makes it easy to help the customers.  When the clothes are cute and the customers know it the selling becomes easy.  I much prefer that to trying to convince tourists to buy a generic cashmere sweater.

Plus now that the store is open it means the corporate people are going back to nyc where they came from.  I actually liked having them around because it reminded me of why I left ny in the first place.  People in the city are kind of jerks.  You can take the jerk out of the city but you can't take the city out of the jerk...or something like that.

Anyways, now that the store is open it also means that I will be on a more normal schedule.  I don't have to be in tomorrow until 12.  Luxury!  I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow, and by sleeping in I mean sleeping until 7 when that rude cat will decide I need to wake up.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. May I just say, you rocked the shit out of your purple gingham.

    ReplyDelete