Saturday, November 12, 2011

the weather is beautiful



All they were talking about on the news this morning was how beautiful the weather was outside.  I couldn't take it anymore by 8am so I had to go for a run down a1a and the weather was in fact beautiful.

So I waited until a reasonable hour until I begged Joel to go for a drive with me.  Even though he has to clutch at his pearls every time I change lanes he still agreed to go with me down to south beach for the afternoon and I was extremely happy that he did.

I mean really, how can you argue with it?


The best part about having a convertible is that you don't even mind having to serpentine up and down the streets looking for parking because you are soaking up the sun all the while.  And getting looks from the passerby's as well, at least when you're cruising in my car you do.

As thanks for him going with me down to Miami I took Joel to eat on south beach where our drinks were unexpectedly humongous.


They were the kind of drinks that are meant to be sipped casually all afternoon.  Or at least for as long as you can before two weird europeans decide to sit down at your table with you and begin conversing as if it wasn't weird that they sat down next to you.  Seriously europeans, I've about had it with you and your disregard for american customs like "not smashing in to cars when you parallel park" and "having privacy when you eat".

But besides that it was a spectacular way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  We even saw them filming something on south beach which made me feel like I was back in NYC, except with more g-strings.

I quite enjoy living down here I must say.

wish you were here...

No comments:

Post a Comment