Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm comin' to ya lize!


The street I live on dead ends at the Intra Coastal, as seen here.  The very same Intra Coastal that we swam in here when I was in Charleston last summer for Sara's wedding.

So whenever I want to go to the beach, or go to a1a for a run, I have to cross the intra coastal, and every time I look down it and think, 'what if I just got in a boat, I'd get there eventually'.  I mean, it couldn't be that hard, just stay in the middle of the channel, never stray, until I see the friendly shores of the lowcountry, and (I assume) Eliza on the dock, margarita in one hand, dog tranquilizers in the other.

What's even more bizarre than the idea that I could boat up to Charleston is how I went for a drive the other day and before I realized it I was about to head in to Key Largo.  I didn't go because I wanted to save the occasion, but knowing how close it is is so tempting.  I really REALLY want to drive down to key west but I want to do it with a friend in my passenger seat.

So, who wants to come and visit me?  It's only going to get more and more beautiful in the coming months...

1 comment: