Monday, September 5, 2011

I can walk here


It took me maybe 15 minutes to get here from my apt.  The beach in general is even closer, you just have to walk for a ways to get to the beachfront part of a1a.

It's funny that in all the time I lived in nyc I only once had the circumstances of my life provide for me to not have to take the subway regularly for work/school.  Even then it was when I was doing my teacher training so I had to walk across central park four times a week to get to the west side studio.

So who would have thought that I'd have to move to Ft. Lauderdale to be able to be walking distance from everything.  I applied for a job yesterday that I walked to, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I would so love for my car to be just for fun, I hate commuting because it makes me get sick of sitting in the car, and I don't ever want to be sick of sitting in my car.

For now I am going to go for my first run, I think down to a1a.  We'll see how it goes, and I will of course update if I get a job.

Happy Labor Day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment