Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm that guy


Jon and I were talking about what it is about drivers in Ft. Lauderdale that make navigating the streets such a harrowing experience.  His comment was that he always sees people talking on their phones and not paying attention, which I can relate to as well.  I was complaining about all the crazies I've noticed on the roads for a few minutes before I remembered that this was me earlier in the day driving back from Sam's with my new tv.

It's bad enough that I had to pay $40.00 to have my bed delivered from literally down the block because I have no other options, I was determined to get this tv home on my own.  I mean, it's not even that big, yet the only place I could fit it was awkwardly jammed in to the passenger seat.


Which meant two things.  1) I lost the ability to check my passenger mirror, which I thought would be a bigger deal than it really was.  The benefit of the drop top is that you have great visibility, even around a gigantic box in the passenger seat.  2) (and this was the real issue) I spent the drive home in constant fear that I was either going to make too hard of a right turn and the tv was going to fall on top of me, or I was going to make too hard of a left turn/go over a big enough bump that it would fly out of the car entirely.

Thankfully neither of these scenarios played out and I was able to make it home with my new tv.  I did however have to face the reality that I am just another asshole on the streets of Ft. Lauderdale that everyone is looking at like, "oh no he isn't trying to drive like that".

I feel like I'm starting to fit in around here.

1 comment:

  1. a bed, a tv, a cat and lots of shoes and a great little car! what else could a boy want? looks like you are settling in FTL just fine!

    ReplyDelete