Tuesday, September 6, 2011

looking forward to a day of this


Meghan sent me that last week when I was complaining about the ikea instructions for the stool I bought. That was only the beginning though.  Today I head to Ikea to get even more furniture to be put together.

I am getting another of the chair I already bought so I'm hopeful I will remember how to put it together.  I also anticipate that putting together a chair will get me in the right headspace for any other things I might find.

I for sure need something to put my tv on as right now the only way I can watch it is from the cold hard floor.  It's not so bad except it makes me way more vulnerable for kitty.  He likes to sit right by my head and breath heavily while I try to watch tv, it makes me uncomfortable.

I am debating if I should get more dishes or not.  I have been surviving with my tervis tumblers and a single bowl so far, I fear that the more dishes I get the less likely I will be to do the dishes.  The real motivation these past few days has been necessity.  And its not like anybody else is coming over right now anyways.

We'll see, we'll see.  I am hoping that I will get a call about a job at some point this morning which will free up my conscience to spend money at Ikea.  Otherwise I will probably talk myself out of anything I deem extravagant like plates.  We also have to see how much I can cram in my car again.  Thankfully it doesn't look like rain so I can put the top down at least.

How did I ever do this kind of stuff in nyc?  I guess I was younger and more full of life back then.  Now I'm a grumpy old retired person in Florida.  I like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment