Friday, June 15, 2012

Golden Gate and beach


Yesterday Will took me to the Golden Gate bridge per my few requests during my time here in San Francisco.


It was pretty fantastic actually.  And Will is a great tour guide, when he tells me the truth about things instead of making up lies.


I guess I didn't really understand just how big the bridge is.


It's pretty big.


And I'm glad I got to see Alcatraz, if just from a distance.


I didn't realize but all around the base of the bridge are these old forts and bunkers from various wars past.  It reminded me of Charleston.


I got scolded for taking so many pictures of the flowers.  But they are just so pretty!!  Especially as we headed to the beach.  I have posted enough beach pictures from Ft. Lauderdale that you know when Will said beach I was not imagining this:


It was quite a trek to get down there, and though the sand was nice and warm it was not the inviting hospitable beach that I had in my mind's eye.


Still really cool.  The walk back up was a long one.


So I stopped frequently to take pictures of all the pretty flowers.


There are so many and they are so tiny and colorful.  I love them.


Will was not as impressed.  The only flower he deemed worth a picture was this one:


It is pretty fantastic.  I think the combination of hiking and sun was more than either of us prepared for.  By the time we got back to the top we were both running on empty.  I got to go home and take a nap while Will had to unfortunately go do life chores all afternoon.  Other than a greek feast in the evening we didn't end up doing much of anything with the rest of the day.

It's ok though, I'm glad I got to see as much as I saw, and I still have all day today to explore.  I will find the full house house.


1 comment: