Thursday, June 14, 2012

doing stuff and seeing things


Ok ok, I'll say it, San Francisco is pretty great.  Congratulations Meredith, you were right all along.  

Yesterday will took me to breakfast at this crazy tiny restaurant perched along the edge of the Pacific: 


where we sat in the perfect corner booth.  That picture up top was the view to my right as we ate and this was my view across the table: 


Awww so nice.  

Apparently the craziness we were looking at below us is the remains of an old bathing house from back in the day.  They even had a picture of what it was like before it burned down:


My favorite part being the guys in the water: 


doing their daily calisthenics, good for the body and mind!  

Sadly all that remains are the remains.


Still pretty cool.  I was also astounded by the big rocks in the ocean.  I mean look at those things!  You don't get rocks like that in the Atlantic, at least not in my Atlantic.  We also don't have awesome sea caves. 


"Oh sure, you can wear flip flops" -Will.  

That black cave sand is cold let me tell you what.  But totally worth it.  


After breakfast Will took me to the legion of honor to see sculptures by Rodin among other things.  This also happened: 


By the time we finished the clouds had cleared and I was beginning to see what all the fuss was about with San Francisco.  We found out that our admission to the legion of honor would also grant us access to the de young, where we climbed to the top of the tower for this view:


If you look close you can see the golden gate bridge! 

We didn't end up spending much time at the de young looking at the art, mostly just looking at the views of the city.  Will did instruct me to take a picture of these crazy tumbleweeds:


Otherwise I was too anxious to get back outside and enjoy the nice weather.  Nobody told me that it's only summer for like a couple hour during midday, otherwise it's just bitterly bitterly cold.  But during those precious midday hours it is really beautiful.  


And apparently there are youths around every corner, ready with a choreographed song and dance routine for all to enjoy: 


And enjoy we did.  

In the evening Will and I parted ways and I had all my dreams come true by having dinner with Meredith, Peter, Amelise, and Ben.  I also got to see Meredith's apartment which was like some kind of dream. This is her view from the living room: 


And her precious angel dog Jolene: 


: (((( She's so nice!  It took almost the whole night, and about two sticks of string cheese, but we finally became best friends right before it was time for me to leave.  

But leave I had to, as Meredith had gotten me wasted on delicious margaritas at nopalito.  And yes, again, you're right Meredith, the mexican food is better in California.  

I've done so much but I still have so much more to do.  Headed out now for another day of San Francisco fun.  

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Precious angel dog misses you. So do I :)

    ReplyDelete