Tuesday, March 22, 2011

uh oh pt 2


I've been on quite the rollercoaster of emotions with this cat over the past 12 hours.

So I took a walk yesterday, thinking I might end up at Starbucks for an after dinner coffee though I never made it.  I got about 3 quarters of the way there when I started getting blisters and had to turn around, but that is really neither here nor there.  The point is that on my way back I passed by a sign on a phone pole asking if anybody had seen their lost cat that describes this little guy perfectly.

Of course I didn't bring my phone with me on my walk so I had no way to even write the number down, and the cat had still been running around outside because we didn't k now what else to do with it.  Now that I knew it was somebody's pet I was anxious to get home and see if I could catch him and then call them and make their day.

So sure enough last night at dusk the detective starts creeping around all the windows looking outside and making weird noises.  I went outside and this little guy came running right up and I was so excited.  So I brought him inside and set him up with some food and water while Scott drove down to the sign to call them and tell them we had their cat.

I snapped these pictures last night to send to them to confirm that it really was their cat before I tried to wrangle it in to the carrier.  This one is my absolute favorite, it's after he had eaten and could finally relax:

 
: (

so happy.

So anyways, i'm sitting at home watching dancing with the stars (I voted for wendy) and taking pictures of this little guy and trying to enjoy spending time with him before I take him back to his home.  Until Scott comes back and tells me that he called the number and the woman said it definitely wasn't her cat.  She wasn't even interested in seeing the pictures I took, she just said it wasn't her cat.

First of all, how is that possible.  The description said tiger striped cat with white chest and paws and it was in our neighborhood.  How many cats like that are running around?  It makes me sad because it makes me feel like it's some horrible mother who didn't want the kitten she had bought for her kids after it started to grow up so she got rid of it but then the kids were sad so she made a sign up but never intended to actually take the cat back.

: (

Or maybe it's really not her cat.  Either way I've really opened a can of worms now by letting this cat in the house.  What am I supposed to do now!  Uggghhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment