Monday, March 14, 2011

sunday


On Sunday Scott ran a marathon in town that ended down by the water.  I decided to walk to the finish line to see him cross, which I never ended up doing because it took me a lot longer to make the walk than I had anticipated.  Perhaps it had something to do with the stopping every few minutes to take pictures like this, but came you blame me.  There is so much going on in this sign that I agree with.

I also walked past the local elementary school who's sign read:


I had forgotten all about spring break.  Spring break was awesome.  Even in elementary school, before all the drinking.  I always used to relish the thought of, "what class would I be in right now if I were in school".  Let's see, it's 2:00pm right now, I have no idea what I would have been doing in elementary school.  I don't even think I know what I would have been doing in high school.  We got out at 3:30, so at 2:00 would you be just getting ready for your final class?  I feel like it was always something horrible, maybe just because it was the last class of the day.  Maybe because high school was horrible.  I am no longer enjoying this trip down memory lane.

Back to my walk, and things I do enjoy.  I walked down Osprey Avenue which takes me past Jon's favorite house in Sarasota:


It's hard to capture the beauty and spectacle of this house in a photograph.  The walls are hot pink and actually have nacreous shells mixed in with the concrete so it glitters in the sun as you move past it.  The shutters are purple and there are gargoyles and things in various places around it.  I feel like it's one thing to live in a house like this, it would be another thing to have to live across the street and look at that all the time.

Scott ended up having to pick me up downtown because that's all the further I had made it before he was done with the marathon and ready to go home.  I took him out to breakfast to make up for it, which is where he received this coffee cup:


Now I'm fine with the cutesy mix and match mugs at a restaurant but somehow this crosses a line.  I feel like this isn't just somebody's mug, this is Jamie's mug, and he wants it back.  As far as I'm concerned he can have his gross mug from Myrtle Beach back, good riddance.

So yeah, that was basically my day yesterday, completed when I stood up, forgetting that my phone was in my lap, and watched it bounce on it's protective rubber case until it fell in the pool and sank to its watery grave.  I took it all apart last night and thought I let it dry out but I guess not.  When I put the battery in this morning and turned it on it seemed fine and first, then started vibrating and did not stop.  It actually started vibrating like a car revving it's engine.  Finally the vibrating just got slower and slower until it stopped altogether.  RIP droid, you were a good phone.

Now I have the new droid to play with for the rest of the day.  Will report later.

No comments:

Post a Comment