Sunday, March 27, 2011

uh oh pt 3


I've been putting off this post in hopes that I would know what to say if I just slept on it.  I still don't know what to do.

Miss Kitty and I have had quite a tumultuous time since last I updated you all.  We've learned a lot about each other, we've laughed, we've cried, we've pooped.  Especially her.  God did she poop.

She's actually been locked in the utility room for the past week or so since she started using poop as a weapon to break me down.  The picture above is about the time she started to realize that it was I who would get the last laugh.

I took her to the vet's office where they gave me medicine to help her feel better, amongst other things.  The vet's assistant asked me if I had a name for her and I said that I was hesitant to name her because I still don't really want to keep her but I want to go with Mariah Kitty.  The vet's assistant made some disparaging remark about how she didn't like that name because she didn't like anything about Mariah Carey at which point Miss Kitty let out a little mew and then pooped all over the vet and his assistant.  I have to say I felt very connected to her at that moment.  It reminded me of the day the detective came to me and my boss tried to throw him out and the detective clawed him and drew blood.

The best part about Miss Kitty pooping all over the vet was that it meant I didn't have to go home and collect a stool sample.  It also meant that I got to wait for about 20 minutes in the waiting room with this nice nice guy:


There was also a girl cat who spent the entire time I was there just sitting in the corner staring out the window.  I guess that's the thing, I'm forgetting that there is a difference between boy cats and girl cats.  I'm also forgetting that the detective did bad things when I first brought him home too.  But nothing as bad as the pooping.  Oh the pooping.  Thankfully the vet said it was a really common condition and could have been caused by a million different things.  They gave me medicine that I've been giving her and it's totally working miracles.

But it was a pretty rough couple of days there for a while and by the time I got back from the vet's with Miss Kitty I just wanted to get out of the house and away from cat poop world.  I ended up driving down longboat key and ending up here:


I would have stayed for sunset but I really wasn't dressed for it.  I ended up just walking around for a bit and taking pictures.


Between the beach and the parking lot was this mini park that had a walking path with picnic tables every so often.  It was pretty cool, especially at sunset:


Anyways, the point is that I did a lot of reflecting about Miss Kitty, and life.  I'm still not sure what I am going to do about her.  For now it seems like she's feeling a lot better and I'm almost done with her medicine.  I'm hoping that I can get her in at a no kill shelter, or find somebody who would like to adopt her but in the meantime the next step will be trying to figure out how to get her fixed and vaccinated.

I just bought Jennifer Hudson's new album which is amazing I'm just not ready to really talk about it.  Mostly because a lot of it is about loss and heartache and the power of love and all that so I have found myself more than once listening to a song in the car and thinking about Miss Kitty and then bursting into tears.  It's actually gotten to the point where as soon as "Where You At" comes on my eyes start welling up.

Embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment