Friday, March 4, 2011

homeless happiness


As the seasons change, so too have the detectives snoozing spots.  This has become a new favorite spot for him, an abandoned box in the corner of the sunroom.  Now Scott refuses to let me take the box out to the recycling because "kitty likes it there".

For now anyways, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he moves on and finds some other weird place to sleep.  The other day he was asleep INSIDE the recliner.  The only way we figured out he was in there was when we noticed a little black paw sticking out from between the back and the bottom of the recliner.  How is that comfortable?!  Or more importantly, why does he act like a wild feral cat when i try to hold him but then is the most relaxed when he's confined to a recliner prison or jammed behind an air conditioning unit.

I miss the old days when it was just him and me in the tiny apt.  I feel like we spent a lot more time together due to the nature of him not being able to hide from me.  Down here however it's anybody's guess where he is. I'm scared that the warmer it gets the more likely it will be that I will look for him in one of his favorite hiding places and find some other kind of creature trying to escape the heat.  The day that happens is the day the bell goes back on his collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment