Monday, March 28, 2011

up in the gym just working on his fitness


Lately I've been musing on how the detective and I were a lot closer in new york in some ways because our living space was so small that it was hard to get away from each other.  However, I'm definitely around more down here so he doesn't have the run of the place as much as he did.

One of the bittersweet things I've noticed is that he doesn't HARASS me while I'm trying to do yoga anymore, I imagine mostly because he doesn't even realize I'm doing it.  In new york I usually wouldn't let him be in my room if I could help it, but most of the time he was asleep on my bed and I felt bad disturbing him so I'd start doing my thing hoping he'd stay asleep.  Sometimes he would, most of the time he wouldn't.  Down here however who knows where he is at any given time of the day.  Half the time he spends the whole day behind the air conditioner, so it's not like me doing yoga inside is of any concern to him.

And as annoying as it is having him stick his butt right in my face when I'm in some compromising position, it always made me laugh and I kind of miss it.  So the other day I'm getting ready to do yoga when who should show up at the sliding door, yelling at me to get in, but that handsomest of guys.  After careful consideration I decided to let him in and it was just like old times.  Every time I would try to pet him he would wander out of reach and then lay down in some inconvenient spot on my mat.  When I would try to just continue with my yoga and ignore him he would become irritated and start rubbing against me or positioning himself so I couldn't help but pet him with the movements I was doing.

But, as usual, my flailing became too much for him to handle and he ended up passing out here in the corner where he remained for the next several hours:

No comments:

Post a Comment