Sunday, August 22, 2010

it is great indeed


i blame mercury in retrograde for my troubles with flying the past few days. I was supposed to go to North Carolina to hang out with Andrew and friends at Lake Lure but I couldn't get on a flight. Then I was supposed to come down to Florida but missed my flight because I couldn't figure out how to set my alarm. I am finally in Florida after having to fly to Ft. Meyers and getting my sister to pick me up.

But the silver lining was my afternoon on the Great Lawn the other day. It was really really nice, even though I had to move my stuff like 6 different times because of gross people who felt the need to throw footballs all around me. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to throw a football right next to me if you could actually catch and throw, but most of the guys who choose to throw a football in central park are nasty wall street types who are completely uncoordinated, and I am never in the mood to get hit in the face by a football.

But I still had a wonderful afternoon in the park, made even better when Jason met up with me for some lay out time. It was really nice connecting with an old friend and made me glad that everything happens for a reason and that's why I didn't get on any of the flights I was supposed to be on.

It did make me sad about the idea of leaving new york. Isn't that always the way, just when you have your mind made up about something the universe gives you all the reasons why you're an idiot for wanting to do what you want to do. blech,

No comments:

Post a Comment