Friday, August 13, 2010

pushing buttons

When I was leaving for the airport this morning at 5:45 a.m. I got all the way downstairs before I remembered that I wanted to bring my Organic Avenue/Tayisha Busay water bottle with me. I went all the way back upstairs to get it and then stood outside of the elevator for like 5 minutes waiting for it. I was thinking, "I can't believe that it's taking this long for the elevator to get back up here, there must be somebody else in the building who needed to leave this ridiculously early". Then I realized that I had pushed the button but apparently not hard enough, and the elevator was there the whole time.

Initially I was irritated, why do I have to press the elevator buttons 400 times before they register? But then I was thinking about it and I feel like being able to push buttons every day would have been my ideal living situation when I was 5 years old. Growing up in the flattest place on earth I rarely ever got to ride in an elevator, so my button pushing experiences were limited to electronics and vending machines.

Now I get to push a button every time I enter or exit my home. That's pretty snazzy eh? Like living in the Jetsons or some shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment