Sunday, August 1, 2010

am i going to die?



We were out of fixin's for coffee this morning so I stumbled my way down to starbucks. In my half asleep stupor I grabbed a straw and didn't notice that the end of it had already been ripped off.

Am I the only person that immediately assumes that this means somebody went to starbucks, ripped off the ends of the straws, filled them with anthrax, and then replaced the straws upside down for some unsuspecting rube like me to find? I feel like it's one of those things were you rationally are like, "oh that's crazy" but then if I actually did get...anthraxitis?...I would be kicking myself for not having just thrown this straw away to get a fully wrapped one. But what about my carbon footrprint? It's bad enough that I'm goign to starbucks for my coffee but then I have to be so OCD that i can't just take the first straw I grab, I have to get a perfectly pristine fresh straw?

Where do we draw the line?

If you don't hear from me assume that i've succumbed to anthraxitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment