Friday, August 13, 2010

a gift from carol

it says its white zinfandel but it looks more like a rose to me. My dad has this wacky neighbor named carol who either loves me or greatly distrusts me. At any rate, she gave my dad a bottle of wine one time and he told her that he didn't really like wine but that I did so he would give it to me. Ever since then she randomly leaves bottles of wine with my father for him to give to me. I think it's really sweet.

I think she likes me because I told her she could call me if she ever needed to after she spent 45 minutes telling me about how she kept getting weird gifts left for her on her doorstep. She said it would usually be something really strange like a can of peas wrapped up in ribbon, or a single slice of pie on a plate. The most disconcerting was a nicely wrapped package that contained some sexy ladies underwear and a second place blue ribbon. Because she's quite old and lives alone I told her that she could always call over to our place if she was scared that some creepo was outside and I would check it out for her. At the time she seemed very grateful but I think she has since forgotten all about it, but she still leaves me wine gifts.

So if you need me i'll be watching scary tv shows on my dad's weirdo channels that he gets and losing myself in a glass of the finest zinfandel i've ever had, which i can say with certainty as i think the only other time I've drunk zinfandel was out of a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment