Monday, August 2, 2010

scrabble





Aaahh sweet lady scrabble. Meghan and I played scrabble and we were all reminded of why Ariel always says, "nobody likes to play games with you".

This was my first play, I played out my board and got like 70 points or something
It was my little homage to Rebecca Toms who used to (and maybe still does) constantly check her drinks for "floaters" which were little bits of mysteriousness that swirl around in the bottom of a glass.

Needless to say Meghan was annoyed, but continued the game and was a good sport. Here is our final board which has several amusing highlights.
Meghan got stuck with an abundance of 'I's and didn't know where to play them so at one point I suggested that she could "get 'it' both ways" referring to the double set of t's on the bottom left section of the board. I didn't really realize what I was saying until the words were out of my mouth but it was a great set up for a few plays later when I offered her some lube for when she gets it both ways. I think we did a pretty good job of spreading out the plays over the board. Meghan put up a valiant fight though she was doomed from the beginning. My floaters carried me through to victory, regardless of me getting really good letters the whole game.

Here is our final score and the full list of scores. This game is the right two columns, the left two columns were a game we had played at some other time. It's fun to compare your scores against your former self. In my case I completely wiped the board with my old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment