Sunday, August 22, 2010

early morning nyc

Here's a lovely view of nyc from the 7 platform in Queens. I had the most nightmarish trip to JFK the other morning thanks to our lovely MTA.

My normal route to the airport is taking the 6 downtown to the E, which takes me all the way to JFK. However, the other morning at 5am this was my commute:

6 to Grand Central because I was so tired and sleepy that I missed my stop at 51st street.

6 to 51st street where I discovered that the E wasn't running btwn butt fuck nowhere in Queens and downtown manhattan. It redirected me back to Grand Central.

6 to Grand Central to catch the 7, which I have never done so it involved lots of wandering around grand central station trying to avoid the crazies while I looked for the 7 train.

7 to some random stop in Queens where I had to get out and look up where the fuck I was going on my phone because none of the stops made any sense to me.

7 again to roosevelt to catch the E

E to JFK with plenty of random stops in between stops where we just sat quietly in the darkness.

If it weren't for the fact that I only had to pay $2 and some change I would be totally pissed off at the MTA

No comments:

Post a Comment