Thursday, April 19, 2012

a thing of beauty


When we buy things at work we have to get rung up by one of the managers.  For some reason I usually end up buying things when I am working with Sergio and even though I tell him he doesn't have to wrap my stuff he always does.  The hippie in me feels bad about all the wrapping going to waste but then I am really pleased whenever I unwrap my wares at home later.

So the other night I was closing with Elliot and I bought some things.  As I ran my card and did my PIN or whatever he started folding up my clothes.  With an incredulous edge to his voice he asked, "do you want me to wrap these?"

My response was, "well I mean, Sergio always wraps my stuff for me but I understand if you'd rather just dump them in a bag and then spit on them".

The result is the above picture.  Now whenever I buy clothes on Elliot's watch he does the most ridiculously precise wrapping job I have seen in a long time.  It was even more clean and flawless originally, the wrinkles happened during the transport home.

The problem is that I don't even feel like I can unwrap this.  I will probably end up sliding my shirts out and then carefully folding the tissue paper to store somewhere like a hoarder.  I think I'm more in to the wrapping than I am the shirts I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment