Tuesday, November 6, 2012

cleavage for Obama


What a day!  And I still have to wait up to see the results.

I woke up this morning at 6:00 (before my alarm even went off) so I could vote with Heather before work.  It was definitely an interesting crowd at our local mall.  I think I can speak for both of us when I say our favorite was the old man directly behind us who tried to cut us in line pretty consistently for the entire hour and a half we waited.  Although a close second was the two little girls who became friends in line while their mothers were waiting.  At one point I overheard one of them say to the other, "my mom is voting for Barack Obama, who is your mom voting for?"

At least we had some camaraderie amidst the sea of sour old faces painted on our fellow voters, clutching their "who to vote for if you're conservative" flyers they had no doubt received at their local Elk's club meeting.  But nonetheless I'm glad I did my part and voted.  I only saw a few other people at work today sporting stickers like mine, but a lot of people assured me they voted early.  I commented on one older lady's sticker and she said, "Oh I actually voted last week but my husband voted today and when he came home I stole it from him.  I said, 'you're not leaving the house today and I am so I'm taking this with me'".  Haha I loved her.  UNlike Noriko who stole her mom's "I voted" sticker because she was too ashamed to admit she forgot to register.  For shame.  At least we all know who to blame if Romney gets elected.  I don't even want to type it and possibly conjure it in to existence.

Anyways, thanks to my voting this morning I was able to stay at work for my full shift today, which turned in to staying an hour and a half later.  A half hour before I was going to leave I got a mother daughter combo (my favorite) who were still trying things on when it was time for me to clock out.  I decided to wait it out to make sure they got everything they needed.  BIG mistake, HUGE.  The mom ended up wanting to pay with a check, which of course didn't go through.  The register wanted me to call for authorization and nobody knew how to do it.  All of my managers were either in a meeting or on break so I ended up being stuck running around like a chicken with its head cut off for a good hour. The daughter finally ended up paying for it herself, even though it was her birthday present.  And to top it off, because I was elsewhere trying to track down a manager, she ended up leaving without one of her dresses because they didn't realize I had put it in a garment bag and not in with her other things.  DIOS MIO.

But I'm finally home, eating my leftovers from yesterday, and venting to you all.  Once I feel like myself I will decide if I want to watch the election results online or head out to a bar to watch it with others.  I don't know if it's a good idea to be at a bar if it turns out that Romney gets elected though.  I may just drink myself to oblivion.

Let's all hope that doesn't happen.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment