Saturday, November 10, 2012

little havana


We took this pic at the beginning of the night, when we were still fresh face and optimistic about the evening.  Heather had picked me up at work and took me down to Miami to see our friend George play at a club.  I had sent Heather a link to the promotional flyer assuming that she would do a little research but apparently she didn't.  When the GPS informed us that we had arrived at our destination Heather was a little wary of the neighborhood we came to find out was "little Havana".  I, on the other hand, felt right at home having come from the mean streets of Spanish Harlem.

I guess I should have given Heather more credit for sensing that it wasn't the most secure of places though as when we finally found the venue we entered to this scene:


Arriving late we had expected the club to be hoppin' and poppin' already.  The reality was that they had gotten robbed earlier in the day and were no longer having a party as they had no sound equipment left.    The man behind the bar, who was apparently the owner, did not have a happy face about the situation.

It wasn't until we left the club that we noticed what had been parked on the street out front the whole time:


Decidedly not as dramatic as the show.  Just an old van with two sassy lady cops dusting for fingerprints.

After I alerted the girls who were planning on meeting us that there would be no show I logged on to facebook to find this message from George:

Don't come out. Show cancelled. Spot got robbed. Srry for inconvenience. Crazy.

I like that he writes like an old timey telegraph.

It wasn't an inconvenience really, as Heather and I were able to turn in in to an adventure.  We hadn't been out together in a long time anyways so it was nice to spend a Friday night together.  We ended up at this really cool bar having the drink of the locals:


So we had a good night, though I still haven't heard George do the covers of the songs I requested, I know the day will come someday.  Oooh, that's another great song he should do!  I'll suggest it to him when I see him next.

No comments:

Post a Comment