Monday, February 13, 2012

some people find it off-putting




I'm just going to start out by saying that it doesn't feel right to move on and talk about other things besides Whitney but I guess the time had to come sooner or later.

Jon sent me Lana Del Rey's album a few days ago and the first thing I said when I heard it was, "why does she sound like she's on cat tranquilizers?"  Jon got offended so I had to correct him by pointing out that I didn't say it was a bad thing.

If I hadn't listened to her music before watching her SNL performance I can see how I might have been confused but I actually didn't think she did bad.  In fact, after having only listened to her I told Jon that she reminded me of this:




And now having watched her perform live on SNL I feel even more like they are the same.

Anyways, here is the actual Lana Del Rey:




I like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment