Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the most handsome


I have to say that he looks much weirder in photographs than he does in person, though he still looks pretty hilarious in person.

I asked them to give him the standard "lion's cut" except to leave a faux-hawk running down his spine.  Apparently he wasn't the most relaxed client they've ever had so what he ended up with was a bit of a rush job, but I intend to even it out with scissors.


I think if I clean it up a little more it will look more intentional and not so much like he just had some kind of surgery that required him to be shaved on three sides.

What's hilarious is that from certain angles you don't see that he's shaved at all, then all of a sudden he'll turn and you see his bare chicken legs and his little pot belly hanging out.  Awwww.

I think my favorite is when he curls up with his tail wrapped around him.  It looks like he's actually a completely hairless cat who is wearing a cat fur coat draped over his shoulders:


Besides being traumatized by the experience of going to the groomers, I do think he actually likes his new haircut.  The strip of hair on his back is nice too as it still allows a little scruff for cuddling and petting, since it is a little weird when you transition down to his shaved sides and belly.  It's not like bare skin but it's close.  So smooth.

Of course the thing I think he's the most irritated about is that I'm now obsessed with taking his picture even more so than I was before.  He's not amused with the idea of becoming an internet celebrity:

No comments:

Post a Comment