Wednesday, July 7, 2010

unbelievably hot


It's been so hot in nyc the past few days! My father keeps sending me text messages telling me how many degrees hotter it is in nyc than it is in florida (usually about 10 degrees!).

As much as it sucks for me I feel especially bad for kitty as he has the most absurdly thick and luxurious coat. I can seriously brush him with two brushes at the same time and have them completely full of hair within a few swipes. I have brushed him for like 30 minutes and still not gotten to a point where i wasn't pulling huge clumps of hair out of the brushes every few moments.

This morning I wanted to do something nice for kitty since he's just been laying around looking on the brink of exhaustion, so I put these heart shaped ice cubes in his water dish this morning. It was kind of hard to get a great pic of them, esp because they melted alarmingly fast, but you can kind of see the intention.

Regardless he couldn't have cared less. We were actually out of dry food this morning so I decided to give him one of the emergency cans of food that I keep stored away. I swear, the instant that I opened the can he came running faster than I've ever seen him run. It was incredible, the last I had checked on him he was passed out on the floor, yet all I had to do was crack open the can and he was right there at my feet, shrieking at the top of his lungs.

So anyways, he didn't even notice the nice heart ice cubes because he had his whole face jammed in the food dish for a good 20 minutes.

1 comment: