Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home sweet home

This is a video I took while driving to Lido Beach in Sarasota Florida. I feel like it wasn't until I moved away from here that I was really able to appreciate just how beautiful it is. Now coming down from New York I'm always stunned by how picturesque the views are here.

I have definitely been wowed by the views in Malibu, there is something to be said about the amount you can see from high up in the mountains, I remember being convinced that I'd be able to see a whale out in the pacific. But even though Florida is considerably flatter, I think the combination of blue skies, aqua marine water, and swaying palm trees is unrivaled.

I guess it's easy to live somewhere and not really appreciate it, when the spectacle becomes the everyday. I think that's why I've enjoyed traveling so much in this past year. Even when I'm in New York now I enjoy walking around and taking in the breathtaking views, as opposed to years past when i just grumbled my way to and from work.

Besides the beaches and weather, I also love Florida for the produce. Right now I am having a smoothie inspired by Simple (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, orange juice, and spirulina) and wishing that there was a way i could merge beach life and city life in to one glorious existence. But I suppose this is nothing new, it's what everybody wants.

Also, please note that I am blasting Mariah in this video. What else would you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment