Thursday, July 8, 2010

McCafe?



So I actually noticed this a few weeks ago but it seems like more and more are springing up. What is the deal with the McCafe? I guess they are trying to revamp their style to make it less kid oriented and more like a swanky hang out? I kind of want to go inside to see if they replaced the plastic chairs and tables with psuedo antique comfy chairs like starbucks. I can't imagine how they could though, because any kind of fabric would just get soaked in grease after a few days, I thought that was why they had to use plastic, so they could hose everything down with bleach at the end of the night.

And if you look close you can see that this particular one has a "walk up" window. I have to admit it is clever. I haven't eaten in McDonalds in a long time, though recently I have had strange cravings for it. I think I would be more inclined to sneak up to a walk through window under the cover of darkness then every actually set foot inside a McDonalds. I feel like if somebody I know ran in to me I could just be like, "oh, I didn't realize this was a McCafe walk up window, silly me" and play it off easier than if somebody caught me inside an actual McDonalds at which point I guess I would just resort to pretending to be so completely hammered that I had no idea where I was in general. Kind of like that video of Avril Lavigne. It was Avril right? Or was it Ashlee Simpson. Either way, I'm an angsty teen girl, and thanks to kitty attacking me the other night it looks like I cut myself as well, so that adds to the authenticity.

Lilly posted a story about how Starbucks is sneaking in to our neighborhoods under the guise of a quaint local coffee shop:

http://briefcasetelophase.blogspot.com/2010/03/coffee-loving-goths.html

I feel like this is similar, I mean at least McDonalds kept their logo on the store but still, it's kind of gross to consider McDonalds as a "cafe". What's next, outdoor seating? Table service? If I'm going to eat fast food I'm not going to make an event of it I'm going to do it in private so I can sob in to the bag while i eat my troubles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment