Tuesday, June 10, 2014

bath time for Yeti


Daniel needed the use of my pickup truck (I knew this day would come!) so I decided to dedicate an afternoon of hard labor since I was playing delivery man anyways.  The less exciting part of my day involved a lot of yardwork, although I did learn how to use a weed whacker.  It was only slightly terrifying, I feel with a little more practice I could learn to operate it without having to stop and fix it constantly.

Once I finished my chores I got to the best part of my day.


Haha she hated it!!  : (((

It took me about 30-45 minutes just to get her coat completely wet.  No sooner had I gotten the soap process started when a neighbor dog at the fence sent her bounding away to protect her turf.  You can't catch her off her guard, even during spa day!  Unfortunately the diversion also included a vigorous full body shake which you can imagine set my work back a good 15-20 minutes.  I didn't mind though, I enjoyed my quality time with her.  And I had no idea that the bath part was going to be the easy part.

Then Daniel wheeled out his industrial strength vacuum.


Sure sure, it was still all smiles at this point.  But then the time passed and I was still drying and she was still DRIPPING wet.  But I kept drying, even as day turned to afternoon, I kept drying.  Even after I watched Daniel give Zeejay a bath, and dry him completely, I kept drying.  Even as he got Gypsy up and prepared her for her bath...


Please note the amount of hair on the ground and  consider how much was flying around me and in to my nose, eyes, ears, everywhere.

Daniel kept saying, "You really want to give Yeti a bath?"

I LOVE HER I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HER.


There were a couple of times where I saw the look in her eye that said, "I could take your head clean off in one bite".  Not unlike the look I'm giving Daniel in that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment