Friday, July 6, 2012

another nyc day


I was left to my own devices for the day yesterday as Meghan and Sam both had to return to work.  I decided to take myself out to lunch at barnyard where I got a really amazing brussel sprout salad among other things.  I holed myself away for the better part of the day since the heat is really intense in the city right now.

But come the afternoon I did venture out to meet up with Kelly.  We decided to meet at 59th and 5th and then walk through the park.  When I got there I texted her saying I was underneath the spinning airplane.  She was confused at first but then quickly understood.


Kelly and I retreated to the shade of the park and found a nice bench to sit and catch up.  Make new friend but keep the old and all that.  It was really really nice.


As it got closer to 5 Kelly walked me up the park to the Met where she had to leave to go do homework but I was adopted by Esha.  Another person I was glad to get to see.



And a great person to walk me through Schiaparelli and Prada exhibit in Meghan's absence.  My only regret is that I didn't know that one of the dresses was made from monkey fur.

After uptown Meghan and I left Esha and headed down to meet up with Kim, Ariel, and JD for dinner.  We ended up sitting at thai son for several hours catching up.

All in all it was a whirlwind day in new york that made me miss living here a lot.  I was sad this morning to say goodbye to Meghan at the 51st St. stop.

I will be back soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment