Tuesday, July 17, 2012

one of my favorite parts of any game


I don't know why this side quest is so fun but I look forward to it every time I replay this game.  Basically you stop a robbery that happens in this one part of town.  In the game you play the course of three days at the end of which you have to transport yourself back in time to the start of the three days or get crushed to death by the moon crashing in to the earth.  This has a lot to do with why this side quest pleases me so much, something about knowing that the old lady is going to get burgled every first night at midnight.  I look like I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and I'm such a hero.  It pleases me.

This was the first time I thought about the fact that there is a guard posted right there who does nothing to stop the robbery.  The robber even ends up running right past him when he escapes and the guard doesn't budge.  Is his only job to stop children from running outside?

I started replaying this game recently after I read this on reddit:


It's definitely a freaky game.  It's weird too because I end up thinking about the poor people that I can't help during the parts of the game where I'm just beating a temple or something.  I mean that old woman gets robbed every first night!  I can't help everyone, it's terrible.

And then there's this part of it too:


That is literally what happens.  I mean, they don't show it happening but that is what is implied.  One moment you are watching this thing die, a cut scene later you are standing in front of his fresh grave holding his face as a mask.

They need to make more games like this.  Disturbing and frightening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment