Sunday, July 15, 2012

scaredy cat


Driving home from work tonight was the first time that I was glad I was in an suv.  It is seriously torrential rain with lightning striking close enough to make you nervous.  As I plowed through the standing water with ease I thought how grateful I was to not be in a tiny little sports car.

When I got home there was no nice guy waiting at the door for me like there usually is.  At first I thought it odd but then I realized it was because it was storming outside.  Sometimes I will be sitting on the couch and he will be right next to me completely calm cool and collected until it starts raining and he just takes one look outside with terror in his eyes before slinking off the couch and out of the room.  I finally figured out that he goes to the closet in the bathroom and sits there until the rain is over.

I don't think he appreciated me exposing him and taking pictures for my own amusement.


I feel kind of bad about how much he hates the rain but then I also feel like he needs to get over himself because it's not like he's ever even outside anymore.  I decided to lure him out by making myself a tuna salad sandwich.  No sooner had I set the certain bowl I always use to make tuna salad  down on the counter, he came slinking out from the bathroom and in to the kitchen.  He didn't do his usual meowing routine, just waited patiently until he could jam his entire face in to the almost empty can.


He was so distracted by food he even forgot it was raining for a while after he finished eating.  I got to pet him a little bit and spend some time with him before he remembered the only safe place to be was at the bottom of the bathroom closet.

Whatever, I have some time off this week which means we'll have plenty of opportunities to catch up on our cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment