Tuesday, December 20, 2011

for Meghan


No visit with Meghan would be complete without a game of scrabble.  Every time we pull out the game board I find this mysterious writing on the back of a score sheet and can't stop laughing.  We're not entirely sure who wrote it either.  All signs point to Sam but Meghan is always at a loss for an explanation as to why he wrote these three names.  I think we always make plans to ask Sam but after the 5th rum and cider it's a challenge for us to remember anything.  Like state capitals.

ME:  Why is it that most state capitals have nothing going on besides politics?  There are only a few, like Nashville has a lot going on besides being the capital of tennessee"

MEGHAN:  Yeah that's true.  Well lets just start naming state capitals and maybe we'll think of another.  Ummm....Pierre North Dakota...or is it South Dakota...I'm not sure.  Hmmm.  What's the capital of Tennessee.

ME:  Ummm...I don't know.  Wait...didn't we just discuss this and I said Nashville?

MEGHAN:  Oh yeah.

At that point we actually weren't drunk, though I could blame the freezing cold for my inability to think.  Meghan convinced me to go with her to Bed Bath and Beyond after giving me a sob story about how it was her last day to have them apply a 20% off coupon to a receipt for things she had purchased some time ago.  Of course once we actually got there and had them apply the 20% she only ended up getting back like $4.00.

But I say it was worth it because without cash we wouldn't have been able to take this picture:


Awwww aren't we just adorable.  Except for in the first one where I look like the joker.

Anyways, thanks for a great weekend Meg.  For those of you I missed I will be back in the city soon and hopefully for longer than a day and a half.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you and Meghan are adorable! Also, loved your depiction of the detective adjusting to you being back and it reminded me of my own feelings at times. Merry Christmas with a big smile.
    SAJ

    ReplyDelete