Sunday, October 9, 2011

a windy minute


It's a dark and stormy weekend here in the sunshine state.  I spent the better part of yesterday sitting on the lanai and watching the wind.  It was really intense!

Every once in a while when the wind would blow in a certain way I would hear this faint hooting noise that always sounded like it was coming from right behind me.  Something about the tone of it, and how perverted it sounded, made me think it was Jonathan playing a trick on me.  Like he had flown down, found his way to the house, and was creeping around and hooting because he likes scaring people.

It was actually a watering can that was sitting on the window sill between the kitchen and the lanai.  When the wind blew just right it would go in the top and out the spout and make the hooting noise.  It also explains why I always felt like it was coming from right behind me, the window sill is in almost the center of the house so no matter what room I was in it would basically be behind me.

After I put it away I was kind of sad, the hooting had become so comforting.  Every time I heard it I would burst out laughing.  It looks like another stormy day today, maybe I'll set it back up and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment