Wednesday, October 12, 2011

good morning Charlie


I was visiting my grandfather the other day when we got a visit from Charlie!  Yes Charlie is just as fluffy and nice in person as he looks in his photographs.  And he gives great side eye.

I also appreciate my grandfather sticking out his tongue for the photograph.  I'm amazed at how willing he is to take a photograph even when he's in a hospital bed.  I guess when you've been around for 90 years you don't get concerned with how you look all too often.

But my grandfather is up on his feet, brushing his teeth and combing his hair.  It's very exciting!  He is looking forward to being able to futz around the house and do the things he used to do.  I hope we can facilitate that.

Yet another reason to get a nice doggy like Charlie who can be his best friend and hang out with him and make sure that he's ok.  I have to run an errand down near the animal shelter today.  Maybe, just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment