Friday, October 14, 2011

the scariest movie I ever saw


In the back of my mind I keep reminding myself that it's almost Halloween and I really should be prepared for wherever I am and whatever I'm doing.  I mean, even if I'm here I need to get candy to pass out or the neighborhood children will surely give my Grandfather's house an egging like no other.  

Thinking about Halloween led me to thinking about my favorite Halloween movies and how none of them are actually scary.  The only "horror" movies I will watch are old ones that are more campy and funny, and I probably like them because I never watched them as a kid so I don't have memories of being scared of them.

So in this train of thought I started trying to think of a movie that really did scare the crap out of me as a kid.  Without hesitation, Fire in the Sky is the first movie that comes to mind.  I've only seen this movie once and it was when I was maybe 7 years old.  I don't remember too much but judging by every image that came up when I google searched it the memories I do have are pretty accurate.

I definitely remember knowing that the movie was based on a true story, that made a huge impact on me as a little kid.  Basically it's the story of a guy who gets abducted by aliens, told really really graphically.  I don't want to give too much away in case you feel like checking this out on Netflix but the entire scene that picture above is from is horrifying.  I also distinctly remember the part with his motorcycle keys floating out and then something about rooms full of bodies.  And then them finding him naked at the gas station, of course I remember that part.

The more I think about this stupid movie the more freaked out I'm getting.  The worst part is that I don't remember this movie being terribly campy, and judging by the images I found I don't think it was.  However, I feel it might do me a world of good to re-watch it now as an adult.  Especially after having seen so many episodes of "Ancient Aliens", maybe I'll be able to rationalize it all better.

But I don't know if I even want to.  I would kind of like to just forget all about this horrible horrible movie, but I know that I will never be able to.  Why won't the lambs stop crying?!

No comments:

Post a Comment