Friday, June 7, 2013

why would today be any different?


I woke up this morning to the sun shining blindingly brightly in to my apt.  Finally, no more rain, back to life as we knew it in sunny Florida!

It was not meant to be.

I walked in to Starbucks with the sun on my shoulders.  I turned around after I ordered to discover that it had turned in to the end of days outside.

And it never stopped.


No like really.  


Notice the geyser of water shooting up from the storm drain.

By the time I took my break the water had begun to enter the mall:


By 8:00 pm the carnage was starting to show:


I don't know why I didn't see any horrible foreshadowing in this scene.


By closing time the tow trucks had started to show up.


And this is when things got out of control.


And as my luck would have it I had to abandon my flooded car in Aventura.  Will find out tomorrow if it can be fixed or if it really drowned.

fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment