Monday, June 17, 2013

two fewer wheels


I had just gotten to the beach and locked my bike up when there was a loud pop.  Everyone on the beach heard it and tried to figure out what it was, I didn't really pay attention.  I realized later when I got on my bike to head home that the noise was my tire popping.

The tube got pulled out by a good samaritan who saw me walking my bike along the side of the road and tried to fix it.  It's been nice during this past year to be constantly reminded that there are a lot of people who help for no reason.

But my bike could not be quick fixed, and thus I am left with only my two feet to carry me wherever I need to go.  Well, my two feet and my various friends who have helped me with rides.

I've got work tomorrow but I hope to have things more sorted out so that on Wednesday I can get started with the next chapter of my life.  Oh and tomorrow is my first day in Boca so that should be cool.  I still haven't even been there, so getting to see my new work environment for the first time will be fun if nothing else.

And I got to have lunch here today:


so at least my days off weren't a total wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment