Friday, March 15, 2013

all done ok?


I'm finally completely moved out of the downstairs unit and in my fancy new upstairs unit.  Can you tell?

There were a few snags along the way today that kept delaying the process.  Mostly just my own inability to focus on anything.

It really didn't help that I kept having to take breaks to chase that bad cat down after he would run bolt out the door.  One time when I caught him outside without even realizing he had gotten out I went after him and he ran to the downstairs apartment and tried to get in.  I feel sorry for whoever moves in there, I feel like he will continue to terrorize them.


He's angry about the new place, and the fact that I still haven't put things in order.  He's laying on the exact spot where he would be laying on the couch if it were there.

Oh and he's already sat down in the bathroom sink so I guess that change didn't upset him too much.  He's pissed about the bed situation though.  In my old place there was a built in bedside table thing that was attached to the wall and dictated that your bed had to be put next to it in a certain way.  This apt doesn't have that so I have my bed pushed in to the corner so it's touching the wall on two sides.  Now the detective's favorite place to sleep is in the corner which he does not do.  He needs to have the freedom to drape himself over the edge of the bed.

Last night was my first night sleeping up here and it was nice.  I mean, I was so exhausted that I'm sure I would have slept as well regardless of where I was, but I definitely didn't wake up to any noises.  And it's so nice to be able to open my blinds!

It's back to work tomorrow so we'll see how long I can live with this clutter before I go crazy and have to deal with it.  For now though I am going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment