Tuesday, March 26, 2013

last day of staycation


This morning I got so wound up thinking about the errands I needed to run out west of town that I ended up just rallying to go get coffee and drive all the way out there right when I woke up while the traffic would still be bearable.  I needed to return something to an outlet store and then while I was in the area I decided to go to Ikea.  It didn't take long before I couldn't handle it though, at which point I called Daniel for help.  His immediate response was, "weren't we supposed to go do these errands together today anyways with one of the dogs?"

That plan made a lot more sense than me going alone and barely caffeinated.  As a back up plan Daniel offered that I could come down and walk his dogs with him.  I think he thought that idea would sound boring.  Quite the opposite.


I would much rather hang out with these nice guys than try to organize my life with cheap particle board furniture.  How is he so nice?  He just stands at that door slowly wagging his tail and methodically licking at the glass, as if it's a giant lollipop and he is making his way to freedom.  Sweet sweet freedom.

After dog walking (6 different dogs that each need to be walked individually so they all feel like they get special one on one time) we did make our way to lunch followed by the bed bath and beyond where I was forced to purchase things like fabric baskets to conceal my underwear.  I hate being an adult.

It was a good thing I had a support dog there:


He's so happy and just smiles all the time and doesn't ever bother anybody.  I love him : (.

While a part of me wanted to spend all day playing with the doggies I had also made plans with John to take a bike ride now that he's finally rolling in style on his own set of wheels.  I left Daniel and headed home, still not having showered or brushed my teeth from my unnecessarily rushed morning to run errands.

You can imagine my displeasure when I got home at 5 and discovered that my blue tire was once again flat.  I am not going to have any further comment on the subject as the good part is we still managed to salvage some daylight and get a good ride in.


It's just weirdly cold all of a sudden today and I would have preferred to have been able to ride more during midday.  Despite the chill it was a good time of day for sunset views.





And John even treated me to taco tuesdays for dinner.  The perfect end to my little staycation.  I'm ready for my haircut tomorrow, then heading back to work fresh and refreshed, ready to hopefully get my new uniform!

No comments:

Post a Comment