Monday, January 7, 2013

I really did it


I love how pleased Toni looks in this photo.  She was too!  She had my hair cut off within minutes of me sitting down in her chair.  Which was good because otherwise I'm sure I would have thrown up and called the haircut off.

But I knew I was in good hands, and so with several unsettlingly loud hacks I said goodbye to most of my 20's.


So blond, so beautiful.  Looking at it like that it doesn't look like my hair.  It really looks like barbie hair.

I was glad that Daniel came with me for moral support, and brought Gunner with him.  He felt that a fellow blond could help comfort me.  He was correct.

But after the initial shock of the ponytail cut, the rest of the haircut was fun.  The world was my oyster for styling.  When Toni asked me what I had in mind I pulled up the google image search page for Zack Morris and said, "something like this".

I am pleased with the results.



 I have been enjoying running my fingers through it, although it's odd because I instinctively go to pull it in to a ponytail in the back only to find nothing there.  Otherwise I've kind of forgotten that I ever had long hair already.  It's nice to be back to boy hair.

Daniel took more pics of the actual hair cut process, will hopefully be posting those soon along with the last pictures ever taken of my long hair by our friend Lee.  In the meantime I am going to bed early tonight so I can get up tomorrow and go to the beach.  My fresh hair is definitely not the summer blond that I'm used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment