Thursday, January 24, 2013

this just keeps getting more and more bizarre


While I was out today I got an email saying that I had overdrawn my account which was annoying.  I tried to log on to the wells fargo website but it wouldn't load on my phone.  I decided to just wait until I got home to try and do it on my computer.

When I get home there is a package underneath my front door mat (not exactly the best hiding place but whatever).  I open it up to find Mack.  Mack is a gift as a thank you for opening up a new account.  This makes me nervous, coming on the same day as I unexpectedly overdraw my account.

So I go to the website but it won't even load from my computer.  Now I'm getting worried and decide it's time to call.

The first operator I got was not very helpful.  She seemed personally hurt that I wasn't grateful to have received a plush pony at all, and didn't seem to grasp why it made me think somebody was dipping in to my cookie jar.  I finally had to ask to be transferred to somebody else, who after hearing my explanation of events promptly took off the overdraft charges.

Then we get to the issue of the stuffed horse.  The first operator had only offered the suggestion that I had originally opened a Wachovia account and so this was my welcome to Wells Fargo since my account got transferred about a year ago.  But then why wouldn't they have sent it a year ago?  Why does it happen to come now right at the same time as I am overdrawing my account.

When I asked these questions to the second operator she immediately asks, "is it a white horse or a brown horse?"  It really caught me off guard.  When I told her brown she says, "Oh a brown horse!  You must have made an impression on somebody at the bank".

I'm still not convinced this is the case and am waiting for the website to come back up so I can check my account history, but if it is just a gift, that's kind of weird too.  She even commented that she had a white horse on her desk but that the brown ones were special for the holidays so it must have been somebody at the bank when I went in last December.

So either my account got hacked or I have a secret admirer at Wells Fargo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment