Tuesday, October 9, 2012

all day with this


I literally spent all day today in front of a computer screen doing training for my new job.  It was generally absurd.  There were only a few parts where I was actually learning things that were applicable to my job.  The majority of my time was spent waiting for the stupid videos to load.

I mean, it's no wonder I need to verify their information before I sign them up for a credit card.  Look at her face!  She is definitely hiding something, and the expression on his face says, "you better not ask what she's hiding".

I also grew to HATE this woman:


Her face came up with a little speech bubble offering me helpful tips at various points.  It looks less like she is smiling and more like she had her jaw wired shut and she's trying to communicate that she needs help through her eyes.

My favorite part was the section about diversity.  They framed it around a fictional bookstore and used the 6 employees as examples to highlight how diversity comes in to play in the workplace.  At various points they would have the six different employees pictures and then next to them it would say something about them to show how they were diverse such as how long they had been with the company, or what their positions were.  My jaw hit the floor when they pulled up all six headshots and then next to them listed if the employee was heterosexual or homosexual.  Really?!  Shouldn't part of the diversity training be about how it's none of your business what your coworkers sexual orientation is?  Or am I supposed to make a roster of all my employees to keep track of their various sexual orientations.  You know, for diversity.

Aptly the final section I had to work on was about "difficult work situations".  This pretty much sums up how I felt after a full day of dealing with this nonsense:


Child please, don't even play with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment