Friday, October 26, 2012

I completely understand



In the long list of reasons why today SUCKED BALLS was included the fact that my battery on my phone was not cooperating with me.  I could tell it was up to no good right away, I had it plugged in all night and didn't unplug it until right before I left the house, but it had already lost a sliver of charge by the time I reached my first destination.  I didn't use my phone at all today, only to check the time, but still I lost it by the beginning of my break.  So besides the other terrible things that happened, I didn't even have my phone to distract me and lift my spirits.

My intention, per my facebook status, was to go to sleep as soon as I got home and forget this terrible day ever happened.  But I decided I should do laundry so I could wear clean clothes to work.  I think remembering dumping iced coffee all over myself this morning was what made me feel a load of laundry was in order.

Anyways, the point that has to do with Elvis is, I'm glad I ended up having to do my laundry because instead of going to sleep I decided to check the internets and have a cup of tea (hot toddy) while I wait. Had I not I wouldn't have seen this email from Kim:

So every time I listen to Elvis now I have to listen to Mariah Carey right after. Because she beat him.

And had I not read that email I would have never watched that clip of Elvis performing Teddy Bear, which will always be my favorite Elvis song after Blue Christmas.  Teddy Bear makes me think of my father taking me to school in the 2nd grade.  As I've probably mentioned before there are only a few cds I remember my father playing in the car.  Elvis, the soundtrack to Pretty Woman, and Whitney Houston's I'm Your Baby Tonight album.  I think that pretty clearly explains my musical tastes.

I had never watched that clip of him singing it before though.  He was pretty fantastic.  Oh and Kim, the two girls in the audience clapping with each other are obviously you and Ariel.

And I get your point, I feel compelled to watch Mariah too.  It's just so interesting to compare the two and the things about each that made them each so unique and incredible.




The best part is that listening to these songs and watching these videos has completely made me forget what a terrible day I had.  And isn't that what you think they both would want to hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment