Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the dreams, the horrible dreams


I have been having the most intense, involved dreams lately.  It's really quite terrible, I wake up not feeling refreshed, but rather relieved to realize the events of the past 8 hours were just a dream and not reality.  They have been all over the place the past few weeks but for some reason I just can't shake the one from last night.

It started out that I was watching Charlie St. Cloud.  Why?  I have no idea.  I have never seen that movie, nor have I ever wanted to see that movie.  But still I found myself watching it, except the plot of my dream Charlie St. Cloud was far different than the actual Charlie St. Cloud.  In my dream it was about Charlie's faintly incestuous relationship with his mother, who was not played by Kim Basinger, but rather by Michelle Pfeifer.  A better casting choice if you ask me.

Somewhere along the line the mother disappeared and without transition or explanation I became Charlie St. Cloud, imprisoned in a child labor camp where we were forced to make pots and pans.  It vaguely resembled the child labor camp from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom except we were forging pots and pans instead of mining for the mystical stones for our Shaman leader.  In my forced labor camp we decided that we were going to break free by just all dropping our pots and pans at once and running like crazy, which worked out well for me.  I escaped the caves to discover that we were being held underneath an elementary school in San Francisco.

After running until exhaustion I finally stopped to rest in a park that I have never been to, but in my dream I remembered from visiting San Francisco last summer.  As I walked through the park I contemplated how the last time I was there it was summer and now it was winter and how much things had changed since then.  I also thought about Michelle Pfeifer and how it was weird that I was Charlie St. Cloud now.

It wasn't long after that that I woke up.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!


No comments:

Post a Comment