Monday, January 23, 2012

the wizard behind the curtain


I'm having coffee and browsing reddit when I stumble on this photo from the making of the original Mortal Kombat game.

There was no way I was allowed to play this game when it came out but thanks to having an older brother it would somehow find its way in to our house.  One Saturday morning I woke up really early and decided that I was going to see what this game was all about.

I ended up getting all the way to the end (using Sonya of course) but completely froze when I got to Goro.  I was literally so terrified that I could do nothing but shoot my bracelets, blow kisses, and wait for imminent death.

I don't know how I thought they made this game, I guess I never really gave it much thought.  If I had known that Goro was literally an action figure I may have been able to make it all the way.

My whole childhood has been turned upside down this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment