Tuesday, April 9, 2013

whoopi update


I finally got to talk to Jon last night and hear about his time with Whoopi.  I was surprised to find out that he managed to make it through the entire evening without crying.

Their meeting was brief but incredible as described by Jon.  I am constantly asking Jon to write down his version of things so I can post them directly on my blog but he won't ever do it so I'll have to give you my version from what I remember him telling me.

-She walked out of the stage door of the theater and there were a bunch of people standing there but she pointed to us and said, "those two, let those two come in".

-I told her I used to watch Sarafina! all the time when I was a kid and that I loved Made in America with Ted Danson and she laughed.

-(after I commented that they seem very intimate with her in that picture) when we followed her inside they took us to this little dark room and there was only one light overhead and it was shining directly on Whoopi.  I was so scared.  I had to put my arm around her for the picture and I felt her shoulder pad!

I wish you all could have heard the joy and excitement in his voice when he told me about her shoulder pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment