Wednesday, April 3, 2013

birthday beach lunch



Even though Daniel led me on with his alleged "dog handling classes" and threats of cancellation altogether, he came through and let me take him out to lunch for his birthday yesterday.  I asked him to come up when he arrived to help me put my bedskirt on, a job I've learned is far easier with two people.  My morning turned in to a whirlwind of cleaning and organizing, once I realized I still had piles of junk on every surface from my move that happened two weeks ago.  My apt isn't 100% yet so I don't want to take pictures but I will say it's almost there now, and my bedskirt looks great!

So thanks Daniel, for unknowingly shaming me in to getting my life together.  And thanks for letting me spend some time with you on your birthday!!

We had a very nice lunch, and I didn't even get a parking ticket despite only remembering that I hadn't paid an hour in to our meal.  I also got to give Daniel his gift, which I was pleased with.

The last time I spent the day at his work I commented that there weren't a lot of toys for the dogs to play with.  He said that the toys don't last very long but that there were a few ones left scattered around.  It seemed really sad that the only one I could find was really just 3/4 of a tennis ball with a rag tied to it.  But the dogs seemed to love it!  At some point after that day I realized that I had to get tennis balls for Daniel for his birthday.

He laughed and was happy when he opened his present but again said that they wouldn't last very long.  When I pressed him for a more specific idea of how long a tennis ball would last he said, "Gypsy can pop a tennis ball in the first bite".

Yikes.

I asked him if it hurt her when it exploded or if it was more satisfying like snapping a neck.  He said definitely more satisfying, so I guess maybe she can have one or two to destroy but I really don't think that's fair to the other dogs that she be allowed to pop all 12.  I asked Daniel to take a video of her popping one though.

Even though I couldn't get the waitress to sing happy birthday, it was still a nice day, and a great way to end my little back to back vacations before getting back to work for many days in a row coming up.  No more of this life of luxury:


No comments:

Post a Comment