Wednesday, April 9, 2014

the detective gets a haircut


The night before I told the detective that he was going to be very very angry with me in the morning, so I was not surprised when I woke up and he was nowhere to be found.  I checked in all the obvious places  first and when I didn't find him I figured he must be under my bed.  I needed to change my sheets anyways so I pulled my bed out from the wall, expecting him to come running out.  When he didn't I started to get concerned about where he could possibly be.

That picture above is what I saw under my bed when I looked.  Yes, that is the bottom lining of my box spring.


Apparently he tore the lining of the box spring, crawled inside, and made a home for himself.  When I discovered him he didn't even acknowledge me, sending off a general vibe of annoyance that I figured out where he was.

Of course, all that was soon eclipsed by the all consuming rage brought on by me snatching him out of his hiding place and taking him for a car ride.


This was the first time he'd even been in my truck and he actually reacted better than he ever did in the roadster.  I'm still sad he never got to ride in the mercedes.


He certainly never perched on the door and looked out the window like that in the roadster.  I guess he's more of a rough and tumble country cat.

The groomer's that I found came recommended because they don't use any sedatives or tranquilizers.  As much as I don't want the detective to be sedated if it's not completely necessary, I also know that he definitely does not like to be touched, much less groomed.  I mentioned this to the girl on the phone when I made the appointment but I wanted to make sure to take the time to reiterate the point in person.  Mario said I could let him out of his carrier in the waiting room so he could get a feel for what he was working with.  In the time that we talked, and I earnestly told him he was taking his life in his own hands by trying to do this alone, the detective creeped around the entire waiting room before finally laying down under the receptionists desk.

"Oh he's so cute, he feels right at home" she said.  Oh yes, that's just what he wants you to think.

I dropped him off in the morning and they said they would spend some time with him and see what all they could get done without him freaking out.  They said they would call me at noon and update me on his progress.

So I went and ran some errands, ended up meeting up with Daniel for lunch, and watched 12:00 pass on the clock.  Then 12:15, 12:30.  I began to picture going back to the groomers and finding the staff face down on the floor in a pool of their own blood with the detective laying lazily on the groomers table just staring blankly off in to space.

Just when my worry was starting to escalate I received this amazing text message from the groomers:


with a message saying that they were a little delayed getting started but things were going great.  I honestly don't know what kind of animal whisperer this guy is but I was and continue to be truly amazed.


If I ever, EVER, tried to put a jazzy bandana on him, I wouldn't live to tell the tale.

I'm pretty sure he's still in shell shock from the whole experience.  I'm sure he will get his revenge somehow in the next couple days.  But in the meantime I'm really enjoying the hilarity of how he looks.



The woman at the groomers was like, "So cute!  He looks like he's wearing little boots"

No comments:

Post a Comment