Saturday, September 7, 2013

memories


It's the 3 year anniversary of me moving down here, but it's also still the anniversary of that strange week and a half I lived here before heading right back to Sarasota for two months.

Its strange to think back on that time and realize that it was the only time I ever really felt hopeful and optimistic about being here.  A fresh start, the world was my oyster.  By the time I came back in November the newness had kind of worn off without me even having been here.  I pretty much just got a job and hunkered down for the winter.

And then there's a year ago.  Although the anniversary of that milestone doesn't happen until later this month, so this time was really the end of the glory days.

Two years, one starting out unsteady but ending ok, the second starting out at the bottom of a hole and slowly trying to dig myself out.

One of these nights when I'm feeling particularly self destructive I am going to take a little trip back in time on my blog.  I don't do it very often, when I do I inevitably end up feeling like I'm sitting alone watching home movies of myself and wondering what happened to my childhood.  I guess rereading old blog posts is the modern day equivalent of that?

I guess the important thing to do at milestones like these is reflect on the past and try not to repeat it.  And remember all the great things about living down here that made me excited to come in the first place.

Like running on the beach at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment